Exams, Cleaning, and X-rays
Regular visits to a dentist are very important!
Dr. Smith will routinely examine your gums, teeth, and overall oral health to be sure that no issues arise over time. In an exam you might expect:
- an evaluation of your overall health
- education about your oral hygiene
- evaluation of your need for tooth replacement, adjustment, or repair
- checking your jaw for bite problems
- a regular cleaning that will remove stains and deposits
- have x-rays taken for possible dental procedures & check for cavities between teeth.
Before you attend your exam be sure to brush your teeth! If you feel nervous or have complaints please discuss them with your dentist! Good communication is vital in health care.